From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kyle
Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:30 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Cluster File System for HA

Not really.  MapFS isn't a distributed or cluster file system.  It's
basically Union FS as produced by Levanta for their management appliance
back in 2005.  According to the Source Forge CVS stats, there haven't really
been many (2?) commits since Nate Stahl initially created the SF project for
it back when it was announced.

For the glass-is-half-full crowd, I guess that mean it was almost perfect
right out of the gate... ;-)

ks

On 5/15/07, Lionel B. Dyck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Would MapFS make sense in this case?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mapfs

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit