> Does that mean that potentially that 1 mainframe has the equivalent of
> at least 130 network cards?  I can see how most of the hardware is
> virtualized, but the networking I don't quite see, yet.  How does that
> part work?

They are virtual - how many network cards do want - just write some more
8)

Usually you have a collection of virtual network interfaces connected to
a virtual lan (or lans) all of which ultimately connect to one side of a
virtual bridge or router the other side of which is actually what comes
out of the box. So something like

        guest1    guest2    guest3    guest4

                      Virtual Bridge/Hub (usually in the hypedvisor)

                     Real network interface

Things like Xen and qemu and hercules do much the same on the PC and it
works very well for most stuff.

Now does anyone know what percentage of the IBM saving is computed by
calculating the saved advertising expenditure created by the story 8)

Alan