Hmmm..   getting rid of YaST ....    :-)

I confess I'm not a big YaST fan so it doesn't seem a great loss..  (please
don't flog me - people rarely agree with me on this)

Congrats on getting rid of alsa!!

I don't want the s390x distro to depart so much from other platforms that it
becomes a financial (labor) burden -- but it's hard not to chuckle when you
see sound, usb, wireless, etc drivers being pulled in on a z.

I've never explored how the hardware driver world worked within Linux, but
an 'exclude' list based on hardware platform would be nice.  (390x: sound=no
wireless=no, etc)   It's probably much more complicated than that -
ignorance really is bliss...

Scott Rohling

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Marcy Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]