Decent performance tools can be used to benchmark it.  Create a benchmark from
one linux
server to the other and measure it.

Scott Rohling wrote:

Any ideas on how we can verify what the speed really is?   Since they are
seeing this number - there is now doubt in the air :-)

Scott Rohling

p.s.  ethtool eth0   return 'No data available'