David,

I ran into problem 1 a couple of weeks ago.  This appears to be a change
that happened with SP2.  Previously I had been able to define an OSA
connection by picking the first address.  For example, I could pick
0.0.0600 and YAST would know to pick up 0.0.0601 and 0.0.0602.  With
SP2, as you noticed, you cannot do that.

Then I noticed something.  When you choose 0.0.0600, on the very next
panel that pops up, you will see a place to put CHANIDS.  If you put all
three of your addresses in that place, things seem to work.  That is I
would put 0.0.0600 0.0.601 and 0.0.0602, and did the rest of the
customizing, the OSA adapter would come up.

Since you are setting up an LPAR, you will need to be able to see the
operating systems messages on the HMC to verify that things worked.

Ron

David Stuart wrote:
Morning all,

<newbie on>

Yesterday I completed a new install of SLES 10 SP 2 into an LPAR. During the
install, I defined one OSA-Express port, and it appears to be working fine.
However, I have several networking related nuisances and questions.

1)  How do you define a second OSA-Express port?  I tried defining it using
YAST, but the OSA-Express is running QDIO, and YAST seems to treat each
individual address as a separate network card, rather than using the three
required for QDIO.  I chose a network type of QETH.  I didn't see anything
specific to QDIO, but thought QETH was probably the closest.

2)  Novell Customer Center - We have a proxy between our internal network and
the internet.  I configured the proxy, and the 'test connection' says that it
works ok, but when I try to 'register', check for patches, etc.,  it says that
it can't connect.

And that's enough for so early in the morning.

</newbie on>

TIA,
Dave

Dave Stuart