On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Bernard Wu wrote:

Thanks Adam,
Add options loop max_loop=64 (or up to 255, I think) in /etc/
modules.conf
But there is no /etc/modules.conf .
There is a modprobe.conf and a modprobe.conf.local.  A grep of loop on
modprobe.conf shows :

alias block-major-7       loop

Maybe this explains why it fails when I try to mount loop8.

Well, why it's failing is that you only have 8 devices.  Block-major
should indeed be 7.

If you add "options loop max_loop=64" to modprobe.conf.local that
should be all you need, I think.  (once you rmmod and reload the module)

Adam