I think I know the answer to this one, but then, I don't know how much I don't
know <G>.

I have a Samba server that runs 24X7.  It is rarely used at night, but still
has Windows shares active.
The /home directory is located off the / directory (dasda1).  It needs more
space.
I've created a LVM with a directory name of /home2.
I plan on copying the /home directory to /home2, rename /home to /homeold, and
rename /home2 to /home.
Simple.

What is Samba going to think about this?
Do I need to cycle Samba, and have all the currently connected users, reconnect?
Or as long as Samba isn't trying to access a file during this period of time,
would it care?

Part of this is trying to decide how much notification I have to give the end
users, and there are a couple "servers" that also have Samba shares.  I don't
know how to reconnect them, other than cycling those servers, which, then
requires additional notification.

On my test system, I moved the Samba /home directory to a LVM setup.  No
problem.  But I didn't have any currently accessed shares at that time (poor
test plan).

Thanks for any input and direction.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting