You might consider a manual 'swapoff' (then 'swapon') of one large
swap volume after that crunch time.  In any case, this is one where
you should reconsider how much VDISK to use.  Obviously, there's a lot
happening when it gets that end-of-month workload, so remember to
include CPU and other I/O when you profile this server.

As Rob said, there's no page migration in Linux.  (Other than to force
the issue with a 'swapoff' and 'swapon' cycle.)  So what you're seeing
is random pages which got pushed out at various times during the
stress period.  If not needed, they will sit there forever.  I like to
differentiate between "swap occupancy" and "swap movement".  The
occupancy doesn't really hurt you in terms of response time.

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/