to the
the loosely coupled front-end - backend (optimizer) architecture of the
GCC compiler tool chain?

On 30/03/2012 11:16 PM, Aria Bamdad wrote:
Thanks for this link.  I was not aware of WPS.  We will seriously take a
look at this product.

Although R is an excellent alternative as David Boyes suggested, it is so
only from a statistical analysis point of view.  When it comes to data
management and manipulation, it is not really a good alternative to SAS.
Perhaps the availability of WPS for Linux on System z will be a motivation
for SAS to provide the same offering.

Aria

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of David
Crayford
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:19 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SAS

On 30/03/2012 4:44 AM, Neale Ferguson wrote:
Just curious - is there such thing SAS under Linux on z? My reading shows
only x86, x86_64 and Itanium as options.
WPC have a SAS clone  (WPS) that runs on zLinuz. WPS is very well
regarded - in fact, MXG creator Barry Merrill endorses it.

http://www.teamwpc.co.uk/products/wps/platforms/zlinux

Neale

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or