On 3 October 2014 08:33, Pavelka, Tomas <tomas.pave...@ca.com> wrote:

> > warm bodies authenticate with PKI using a central LDAP store for public
> keys
>
> Being curious, how do you deal with situations when LDAP is temporarily
> not available?

Would you want users to access your system when you can't authenticate
them? The LDAP server runs on the same z/VM system as the other guests so
has the same service level or better (we never got to having the keys in
the central LDAP service).

If we're talking about fixing a broken server that has been taken out of
production, then you'd either
- use the provisioning tools to re-install the platform and application
configuration
- link (RACF) and mount the disks in the systems programmer Linux guest
- logon to the 3270 console (RACF) to fix it (or have the terminal server
implemented for that)

Rob