On 3 October 2014 15:37, Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

And if all else fails, the procedures Rob described are at your disposal
> if you need to repair something (e.g. a bad LDAP configuration).

And since someone mailed me about IPL of a "rescue system" - only if that
makes you come up with an internal IP address so you don't start an old
unpatched system on a public production IP address... Since virtual machine
can be made so similar, there's no reason to expose yourself like that.

Some of this sounds like my aunt who has several copies of her key at
interesting places outside in the yard, just in case she might forget hers
and the 3 neighbours are all out of town at the same time...

Rob