From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Martin,
Terry Contractor
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 13:08
To: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Subject: Re: Adding memory dynamically to a RHEL6.5 guest running under z/VM 6.3

Hi Dennis,

So I looked at this. My concern was if by assigning STANDBY memory to a guest
the memory actually would be taken up (that is not able to be used by others)
before it was actually put online to the guest. What I think I am reading is
that no it is not but the system in the case of SSI (LGR) needs to be aware of
the possibility that it could be turned on and hence needs to account for it on
the system that the guest is being relocated to.

I am looking at this correctly?

Thanks,

Terry