>Managing MACIDs is actually way *less* complicated than IPs since you
>don't have to worry about global uniqueness or subnet boundaries.

The network people worry about global uniqueness and subnet boundaries, and
they give us an IP address range to use.  We have to make sure that the guest
gets the right address.  I don't see how doing that with MACID's is any less
complicated than what we're doing now.  Perhaps it comes down to what you're
comfortable with.  I'm most comfortable in CMS, so using a Linux guest as a
DHCP server, with all the patch management and everything else that comes with
Linux, seems a lot more complicated than a few CMS files.

                                                            Dennis

"I'm not a football expert."  -- San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York