>>> On 5/2/2016 at 03:58 PM, Frank Wolfe <fwolfe2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These values are exactly the same as what you posted.
>
> I have used this media before for a previous install.
>
> The dasd I am attempting to use was also used before with the same media.
>
> As Mike M. suggested, all was formatted again.

I don't think the formatting is relevant here.  The pvcreate command is
complaining about a specific symbol not being found in libdevmapper.so.1.03:
DM_1_02_97.

If you mount common and run "nm -D" on libdevmapper, you can see that it _is_
in there:
mount -o ro,loop common /mnt
nm -D /mnt/lib64/libdevmapper.so.1.03 | grep DM_1_02_97
0000000000000000 A DM_1_02_97

So the question is, why is that symbol not being found on this particular
system during installation?  I have to believe that your media isn't corrupt,
so something else must be going on.  It might be worth checking the MD5
checksums of the library after the installer is up and running.  That is,
select SSH as the installation method, and then once on the system
md5sum /lib64/libdevmapper.so.1.0?
941a80b5496874f04727d85f68ddbcb3  /lib64/libdevmapper.so.1.02
4d825a7e15371fa52b2ee14f8d145828  /lib64/libdevmapper.so.1.03

If those come out OK, then I would say it's definitely time to open up a
support request with your support provider.