> Recently we're testing Mellanox 10GbE performance with Ubuntu 17.04 s390x
> on z13.  During the test, we found that interrupt affinity cannot be set
> like other platforms.

I/O-related hacks for other platforms are unlikely to work in the same way on
this hardware; the underlying I/O subsystem on this hardware is enough
different that you’re probably not going to get the results you want in the
same way (a lot of the things are handled by the I/O system and not accessible
to you).

Before we go off into the weeds, what is the problem you’re trying to address?
That may provide us with some clues on different ways to accomplish what you
want.