Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 06:36:36 -0700
From: Dave Jones <djo...@itconline.com>
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Linux "sleep" command not waking up under high CPU utilization

Hello, gang.

I have a very simple bash script that runs a trivial data collection
task, and then does a Linux "sleep im" to wait a minute before running
the data collection task again. Under very high CPU loads (> 90%) I have
noticed that the "sleep" command does not seem to wake up after one
minute but instead wakes up 15 to 20 minutes later. This is on a Red Hat
6.9 guest running under z/VM 6.4 on a z12 box.

I would like to buy a clue here if I could.

Thanks.

DJ

--

DAVID JONES | MANAGING DIRECTOR FOR ZSYSTEMS SERVICES | z/VM, Linux, and
Cloud

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY [1]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.itconline.com/

Kindest Regards,

☮ Paul Flint
(802) 595-9365 Cell

Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgement in response to this note.

Paul Flint
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641