>> Hi Joe. You didn’t show the ELF32 ABI which
>> is what is being discussed.

> Yes I did. Same document covers 32-bit and 64-bit.

No it doesn’t. I read the whole thing and it
doesn’t discuss ELF32 at all, and it says that
pointers are 8 bytes in size, not sometimes
4, sometimes 8.

>> assuming the z/Linux 31-bit software is made
>> AM-anything, if it isn’t already.

> It aint the software. Its the hardware. The hardware
> cannot process 32-bit. It can process 31-bit, and 64-bit.

My proposal is to run ELF32 binaries in AM64,
so the hardware will allow that. It has not been
definitively proven that all the 32-bit software
involved can cope with being run in AM64, but
that is what is required for my design to work.

BFN. Paul.