There are some intel specific bits of code mostly to do with hardware
acceleration of CRC-32C calculations. IBM has an implementation of CRC-32C
using vector registers which could probably be adapted for use with voltdb. Out
of curiosity what type of checksum does the CKSUM instruction produce compared
to the CRC-32C algorithm? Other than that VoltDB appears to be java code that
builds with ant and java-11-openjdk that comes with RHEL 7.6/ClefOS 7.6.1810.

Neale

On 1/7/19, 08:19, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Bfishing"