Thanks Alan.

So if  I read correctly, 7.1 will not run on a z196.

Will sles 15 run on a z196 ? I can't find anyplace that says it won't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 11:58 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: sles 15 on a z196

On Monday, 04/08/2019 at 03:01 GMT, "Levy, Alan" <al...@doitt.nyc.gov>
wrote:
> I seem to remember reading that sles 15 will not work on a z196. Is
> that
still
> the case ?
>
> What about 7.1 and sles15 - is that supported ?

No.  z/VM 7.1 is zEC12/zBC12 and later.  SLES 15 is z196.

Google:  "z/VM architecture level set" and "suse sles 15 release notes s390x.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant IBM Systems Lab Services IBM Z
Delivery Practice ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.