From: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 06:04 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SLES Enterprise 15 SP1 - THE (The Hessling Editor)

On 9/16/19 3:56 PM, Steven Imler wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get … THE … installed SLES 15 SP1?

Yes. ;)

> I’ve installed Regina via the SUSE Package Hub, but the … THE … RPM I
> have requires earlier shared libraries. I was hoping to find … THE …
> there as well, but unfortunately it’s not available.

I made the request to have it included a while back. Unfortunately, the
developer (Hessling) used an .c and .h file from elsewhere that had a
license that was incompatible with the GPL, and required that anyone using
it "not make money" from them. That meant that SUSE could not distribute it,
even though openSUSE can.

> The only source I could find for … THE … on SourceForge looked to me
> to be for Windows and OS/2. Is there s390x source and makefiles
> available somewhere?

The source code builds on multiple platforms. If you want an example, look
at THE in the openSUSE Build Service at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Leap:15.2:NonFree/THE

Oh, and if you want to build packages from source, you can create your own
account on the OBS, and build packages against just about any version of
SUSE, openSUSE, Red Hat, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390