GNU COBOL is available -
http://download.sinenomine.net/epel/epel-7/s390x/gnucobol-2.2-1.el7.s390x.rpm

Neale Ferguson

On 4/7/20, 05:12, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of R P Herrold"
<LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of herr...@owlriver.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 6 Apr 2020, Rick Troth wrote:

    > Bonus package (but not new), Gnu COBOL ...
    >
    >     rsync://chic.casita.net/opt/gnucobol-1.1/
    >
    >     rsync://chic.casita.net/opt/gnucobol-2.2/
    >
    > The 1.1 build gets used from time to time. (32-bit Intel Linux)
    > The 2.2 build is untested.

    There was an OpenCOBOL in Fedora through their 23 release ...
    so until about five years ago.  The package no longer builds
    due to the removal of 'db4 support' -- Red Hat / Fedora had
    lots of words about license changes which I did not see were
    true, but * shrug *   Their circus, their monkeys

    There is a fairly mechanical writeup in pushing an OpenCOBOL 1.
    forward into the 2. product at [1].  Once I get a build solved
    under ClefOS 8 [in process], I'll see about getting it in
    there as well as in back into ClefOS 7

    -- Russ herrold

    1. https://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/discussion/cobol/thread/d4be157a/

    send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or