On 2020-07-22 19:27, Mark Post wrote:
> On 7/22/20 9:28 AM, Stefan Raspl wrote:
>
>> qclib, which was linked to earlier in the thread, offers all the info.
>
> Indeed, which is what I would have based anything I wrote on.
>
> -snip-
>> It seems like there's a use for most of the data provided by qc_test,
>> everybody
>> seems to find interest in some data. So I'm contemplating externalization of
>> qc_test output in some shape or form - but is that really consumable?
>
> Not as is, today.
>
>> However, externalizing it is easier said than done, since some of the fields
>> require a lot of explanation, especially in virtualized environments.
>> So: Would the output below help, or should we rather have a separate tool
>> with a
>> more comprehensible format?
>
> The latter. Please let me know if you're going to proceed with this. If
> so, I won't start working on the limited command I already talked about.

Give me 1-2 weeks to sort out some details. This shouldn't be a lot of effort,
but rather to get the format right. I could imagine writing a simplistic tool
that displays all virtualization levels down to the CEC, with the potential to
extend it in the future.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Raspl

Linux on Z & Virtualization Development
IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-2177
E-Mail: stefan.ra...@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Gregor Pillen
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
243294

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390