On 12/15/21 17:52, Hamilton, Robert wrote:
I have a newly-created ClefOS server on my z/VM system. I have attached
HiperSockets devices for each of my (5) HiperSockets networks. They are all
configured, and I can talk to each of my z/OS systems over the appropriate
HiperSockets networks.
I want to ensure that my client can use SMC-D when talking with the z/OS
applications on the same CPC. The z/OS systems already talk with each other
over HiperSockets using SMC-D, so I already have PCIFs setup in the IODF, and
can attach appropriate PCIFs to my new server.

Then what? I see I don't have smc-tools on the system anywhere, so I need to
get that and somehow make those available. I don't see my customer as wanting
to use AF-SMC-type socket connections, so I'm guessing I need to run his
application with smc-run...or...???
Presumably it's the same using SMC-D over OSAs, but I'll configure that bridge
when I come to it.

If you can tell me what I need next, or point me to the appropriate
documentation, I'd be most very grateful.

Hi Rob,
Yes, you can use smc_run to enable existing (binary) TCP applications to use SMC-D. Which specific version of ClefOS are you on, and what are the levels of the Linux kernel and smc-tools? If you have SMC-Dv1, check http://www.vmworkshop.org/2019/present/linuxsmc.pdf, especially p21. If you already have SMC-Dv2, check the presentation at https://community.ibm.com/community/user/ibmz-and-linuxone/viewdocument/2021-07-15-boosting-tcp-networking?CommunityKey=c1293167-6d93-448e-8854-3068846d3dfe&tab=librarydocuments.
But, of course, I'll be glad to answer any questions, too!

Ciao,
Stefan

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Raspl

Linux on Z
IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-2177
E-Mail: stefan.ra...@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390