Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 of February 2008, matthieu castet wrote:
Hi,

matthieu castet wrote:
matthieu castet wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:
Hmm, maybe I know where problem could be. Try

movl $(wakeup_stack - wakeup_code), %esp # Private stack is needed for ASUS bo\

instead of existing stack setup. That helped on one of my test-boxes
Thanks, I will try that.
Because clearing the flags imply pop/push in the stack it could be the problem
That doesn't help : it still crash in pushl $0.

All stack stuff in wakeup_code crash for me.
I tried to change the stack position, make sure upper bit of %esp are clear, ... nothing work. What's are strange is that according to my x86 manual, in real mode the failure can only happen if the stack wrap which is not the case here.
Any x86 guru advice ?

If I remove stack access (remove clearing flag stuff, not call to video stuff) the resume works.

Hm, can you place a "pushl %eax; popl %eax;" in place of the removed code and
see if that breaks?
Yes that also break.

Matthieu
-