Hi,

Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!
So I assume it is some kind of desktop?
Yes.

...if someone calls start as 0x1234:0, we are okay. But if some broken
bios calls us as 0x1:0x234, we've got a problem.

Well, in that case the signature/end_signature tests below would
>trigger, no?

Yes, and for example the beep flag won't work.

Not sure what is going on... but if you remove all the stack
references, does it go up to 32-bit mode?
Yes, but I end up with a kernel panic after console resume and some resume stuff.

> Looks like ss goes bonkers or the 32-bit opcodes are invalid in real mode.
> Matthieu, can you try "pushw %ax; popw %ax;", please?
I still crash.
I also try to set ss to 0, and hardcode the stack (knowing we are loaded at 0x1000). And it crash.

I wonder if there a way to check that we are realy in real mode ?

Matthieu

-