Hello Hugues;

Funny thing you should mention putting together a development environment.
In a meeting yesterday, we discussed making a web page for this topic. Next
week, I will start working on the web page. It would be done sooner except
for the Fourth of July holiday.

In the mean time, try the
ftp://ftp.handhelds.org/pub/linux/arm/carleton-winder-rpms directory. You
will find ARM gdb and some other useful tools.

If you are going to be developing apps, then you might find that some apps
that use 'autoscan' or 'autoconf' are very difficult to cross compile. I
suggest that you nfsroot mount your unit if possible and try a native
compile. The native compile will take a little more time, but is much less
hassle. As an alternative you could './configure' the app on an i86 platform
and then modify the 'Makefile' by hand for cross-compilation.

Best Regards,

--George