----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Koning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Handhelds] Re: Touch Screen Driver Generic Interface for
allLinux SA11x0 platforms.

<snip>
> Furthermore, passing only non-zero deltas across the kernel/user
> boundary is more efficient.  Those boundary crossings are very
> efficient and doing one every millisecond or so is not particularly
> desirable.

As I mentioned in a previous email, I agree in principle, but in practice
non-zero deltas in raw touch panel data are too rare to bother with.

Also, who says you have to get touch panel data one reading at a time?  The
kernel driver can buffer the readings.

Regards,
Brad

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
++        Please use [EMAIL PROTECTED] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++