Bradley D. LaRonde writes:
 > > It's easier to generate deltas with a timestamp than it is to generate
 > > constant interval data, if you're given the "wrong" thing.
 >
 > Ugh, I can just see it now, people taking a least-common-demoninator
 > approach because it adapts better to hypothetical delta-spewing hardware.

How are mice hypothetical?  You lose nothing by compressing your data
stream into "and I saw the same thing for N intervals until I saw
this".  You *do* avoid context switches and kernel/userspace copying,
which are relatively expensive operations.  Remember: every electron
has to get pushed around by your battery.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |