> NSM's strict rules for client behaviour are what ensures that it will
> be able to perform as promised. Something similar was missing in all
> other Linux session manager systems I know of. So I'm very happy to
> see Jack-session deprecated.
>
> Just my 2e-2 Euro of course.

I think this is not about jack-session vs NSM. The last implementation of
jack-session support in a application must have been years ago. Nobody knows
what jack-session is and nobody is actively busy with it. A short explanation
and a link to the NSM API on jackaudio.org would do. Note also that NSM is
explicitly designed without a dependency to JACK.

I'm happy about the removal of the connections with linuxaudio.org, but I don't
understand why they now link up with jackaudio.org. The fork is highly debated
and currently, points of criticism and requests from the original author and
others are still not fully honored, like the naming, the use of NSM
abbreviation and such. I wouldn't want that discussion being moved to
jackaudio.org, also not if I stood in their shoes. It's just not smart.

Somehow they need backup to get some authority apparently. We're the official
NSM. One wonders why is the original NSM not hosted on jackaudio.org, or
raysession or the next better session thing. Who is deciding this?

I'm much more a proponent of such projects being independent, certainly knowing
the history of and discussion around this fork. Make sure your software is good
enough to get noticed and used. Take full responsibility for it yourself. Give
it a nice dedicated website. People will find it (and developers will find it
via a weblink on jackaudio.org).

My 0.02 guilders.