On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 04:47:42 PM Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:06:59AM -0400, Miloslav Trmac wrote:

Why would this be done as a sysctl? Everything else in the audit system is
configured through the netlink API. I would think that we would want to have it
configured by the same pam module that we currently use to enable tty auditing.
So, why not make a new netlink command that pam can use?

> I'm working in the upstream kernel, so it will likely be available in Linus'
> git tree before anywhere else.

Normally audit patches are sent to this mail list for review. If there are no
objections then it can be pulled into an upstream tree.

-Steve