On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 01:54:40PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 08:27 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> > I am not sure this is going to work for SCSI parallel; we're using the
> > QUIESCE state there to do domain validation, and all commands there are
> > most definitely not PM requests.
> > Can you please validate your patches with eg aic7xxx and SCSI parallel
> > disks?
>
> Hello Hannes,
>
> How about using the RQF_PM flag for SCSI parallel requests instead of
> RQF_PREEMPT? That change will also avoid that RQF_PREEMPT has a double
> meaning.
> Anyway, I will see whether I can drop that change from this series and submit
> that change seperately.

One thing I'd like to do is split BLK_MQ_REQ_PREEMPT and RQF_PREEMPT,
that is don't set RQF_PREEMPT automatically when BLK_MQ_REQ_PREEMPT is
passed to blk_get_request, but let the caller set it manually.  After
that RQF_PREEMPT isn't used by the block layer itself at all and can
be moved into ide/scsi specific flags that we can use as we want.