On 12/12/2018 9:58 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

Sagi,

What other wins are there for this split ?

I'm considering whether its worthwhile for fc as well, but the hol issue doesn't exist with fc. What else is being resolved ?

I've pondered it myself, which is why I didn't add it to fc as well
(would have been easy enough I think). I guess that with this the
user can limit writes compared to read by assigning less queues as
jens suggested in his patches...

not enough to interest me.  I also would prefer to not require more queues - it only increases the oversubscription requirements on the target, which is already a major issue on real shared subsystems.

Thanks

-- james