On 12/12/18 6:58 PM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

Sagi,

What other wins are there for this split ?

I'm considering whether its worthwhile for fc as well, but the hol issue doesn't exist with fc. What else is being resolved ?

I've pondered it myself, which is why I didn't add it to fc as well
(would have been easy enough I think). I guess that with this the
user can limit writes compared to read by assigning less queues as
jens suggested in his patches...

Weelll ... isn't that what blkcg is for?
I do understand if one would want to implement something like this if there's a real benefit from the _hardware_ side, but if there isn't we should try to keep it in the upper layers where it belongs.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Teamlead Storage & Networking
h...@suse.de                                   +49 911 74053 688