/* Catching up on email */

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:27:39 pm Eric Anopolsky wrote:

> In case anyone is interested, ZFS already has been ported to Linux as a
> FUSE module. A very talented GSoC participant did the port as his
> project.

A GSoC student who got employed by Cluster Filesystems to do work on Lustre,
which then got acquired by Sun, who will (all things being equal) now be
acquired by Oracle. :-)

ZFS/FUSE is useful (I use it as an rsync destination for various filesystems
that I then snapshot) but it's still got a long way to go and from what I last
saw it's pretty much unmaintained now.

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP