On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Rodrigo E. De León Plicet
<rdele...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Daniel Kozlowski
> <dan.kozlow...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> btrfsck currently only checks whether a filesystem is consistent. It
>>> doesn't try to perform any recovery or error correction at all, so it's
>>> mostly useful to developers. Any error handling occurs while the
>>> filesystem is mounted.
>>>

>> Is there any plan to implement this functionality. It would seem to me to be
>> pretty basic feature that is missing ?
>
> If Btrfs aims to be at least half of what ZFS is, then it will not
> impose a need for fsck at all.
>
> Read "No, ZFS really doesn't need a fsck" at the following URL:
>
> http://www.c0t0d0s0.org/archives/6071-No,-ZFS-really-doesnt-need-a-fsck.html

Interesting idea. it would seem to me however that the functionality
described in that article is more concerned with a bad transaction
rather then something like a hardware failure where a block written
more then 128 transactions ago is now corrupted and consiquently the
entire partition is now unmountable( that is what I think i am looking
at with BTRFS )

--
S.D.G.