On 20.08.2010 20:27, Josh Berry wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 05:03, Goffredo Baroncelli<kreij...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Thursday, 19 August, 2010, James Smith wrote:
This patch randomizes the error codes and also fixes up some typos
including
capitalization in the output.

It would almost be nice to see a translation effort for the tool as well.
[...]
+                       fprintf(stderr, "ERR-A.11: in command '");

I am not against this kind of error codes, but I prefer

+                       fprintf(stderr, "Error 'ERR-A.11' in command '");
As a layman/end user, I disagree.  The former format is easier for
shell scripts and the like to parse -- the error code can be extracted
with a simple "cut -d: -f1".
This makes no difference. A simple `cut -d " " -f1` would do the job in the second case.
Andreas
(In fact, I wish the output from things like "btrfs filesystem df",
"show", etc. were easier to parse, but that's a separate issue. :) )

-- Josh