On Thu 06 January 2011 14:26:30 Carl Cook wrote:
> According To Doyle...

Er, Hoyle...

I am trying to create a multi-device BTRFS system using two identical drives.
I want them to be raid 0 for no redunancy, and a total of 4TB.
But in the wiki it says nothing about using fdisk to set up the drive first.
It just basically says for me to:
mkfs.btrfs -m raid0 /dev/sdc /dev/sdd

Seems to me that for mdadm I had to set each drive as a raid member, assemble
the array, then format.  Is this not the case with BTRFS?

Also in the wiki it says "After a reboot or reloading the btrfs module, you'll
need to use btrfs device scan to discover all multi-device filesystems on the
machine".  Is this not done automatically?  Do I have to set up some script to
do this?