On 2011-03-01 19:39, Chris Mason wrote:

> We'll have raid56, but it won't be variable stripe size.  There will be
> one stripe size for data and one for metadata but that's it.

Will the stripe *width* be configurable?  If I have something like a
Sun Thor with 48 drives, I would probably not be entirely comfortable
having 46 drives data and 2 drives parity; too little redundancy for
my tastes.  2 drives parity per 10 drives data is more like what I
would run, but that would of course be an individual choice.

        /Bellman