Hello,
I'm trying to use mod3 ckds which are already RAID10 protection. (most of the
doc I'm looking at uses fba instead of ckd, so I didn't know if this was a
limitation)
I'm addressing the head device and able to use these devices with no problem as
ext3.  I've been reading that cache may remember that it used to be ext3, so I
detached and reattached, but get the same result when trying to mount after
formatting.

I use the following to make the file system after I've attached, varied online,
formated and partitioned (also tried without the journaling switch).
mke2fs -j -t btrfs /dev/dasdbj1

Then the mount command:
mount -t btrfs /dev/dasdbj1 /home/sdasd/d01
mount: /dev/dasdbj1: can't read superblock

Can you please give me some direction?Thanks,
          Kathy Hodge

           EMC²
Mainframe Software QA
Phone:  1-508-293-6121 x76121