Stefan Behrens wrote:
On 1/26/2012 9:59 AM, Hugo Mills wrote:
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:27:57AM +0100, Waxhead wrote:
[...]
Will BTRFS try to repair the corrupt data or will it simply silently
restore the data without the user knowing that a file has been
"fixed"?
    No, it'll just return the good copy and report the failure in the
system logs. If you want to fix the corrupt data, you need to use
scrub, which will check everything and fix blocks with failed
checksums.
Since 3.2, btrfs rewrites the corrupt disk block (commit 4a54c8c and
f4a8e65 from Jan Schmidt), even without scrub.

So if I for example edit a text file three times and store it I can get the following.
Version1: I currently like cheese
Version2: I currently like onions
Version3: I currently like apples
As far as I understand a disk corruption might result in me suddenly liking onions (or even cheese) instead of apples without any warning except in syslog.?! I really hope I have misunderstood the concept and that there is some error correction codes somewhere.