cwillu wrote:
So if I for example edit a text file three times and store it I can get the
following.
Version1: I currently like cheese
Version2: I currently like onions
Version3: I currently like apples
As far as I understand a disk corruption might result in me suddenly liking
onions (or even cheese) instead of apples without any warning except in
syslog.?! I really hope I have misunderstood the concept and that there is
some error correction codes somewhere.
Yes, you've completely misunderstood the concept :p

There are crc's on each 4k block of data; if one copy fails the
checksum, and a second copy is available, and that copy does match,
then the good data will be returned and btrfs will overwrite the
corrupted copy with the good copy.  If there isn't another copy, then
an io error will be returned instead.

Phew... that sounds better :)