On 11/01/2012 11:28 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM, cwillu <cwi...@cwillu.com> wrote:
>>>  btrfs fi label -t /btrfs/snap1-sv1
>>> Prod-DB-sand-box-testing
>>
>> Why is this better than:
>>
>> # btrfs su snap /btrfs/Prod-DB /btrfs/Prod-DB-sand-box-testing
>> # mv /btrfs/Prod-DB-sand-box-testing /btrfs/Prod-DB-production-test
>> # ls /btrfs/
>> Prod-DB  Prod-DB-production-test
>

> ... because it would mean possibilty to decouple subvol name from
> whatever-data-you-need (in this case, a label).

Could you elaborate how this solution is different from using xattr ?
I think also that these labels could be changed (like xattr). ?

These info should be associated to the inode of the subvolume root. We
could use a specific name in the system namespace, like
"system.btrfslabel" even tough I didn't see any advantage to using the
"user" namespace...

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5