On thu, 7 Nov 2013 17:05:29 +0100, David Sterba wrote:
On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 10:33:32AM +0100, Stefan Behrens wrote:
+struct btrfs_work_struct {
+       void (*func)(struct btrfs_work_struct *arg);
+       void (*ordered_func)(struct btrfs_work_struct *arg);
+       void (*ordered_free)(struct btrfs_work_struct *arg);
+
+       /* Don't touch things below */
+       struct work_struct normal_work;
+       struct work_struct ordered_work;
+       struct completion normal_completion;
+};
If you compare the Btrfs sources before applying your patchset and after
applying all 17 patches, one change is this:
-struct btrfs_work {
+struct btrfs_work_struct {

Which causes changes s/struct btrfs_work/struct btrfs_work_struct/ like
in patch 16/17:
-       struct btrfs_work       work;
+       struct btrfs_work_struct
+                               work;

-static void scrub_bio_end_io_worker(struct btrfs_work *work);
+static void scrub_bio_end_io_worker(struct btrfs_work_struct *work);

I just don't see any good reason for renaming 'struct foo' to 'struct
foo_struct'.
It seems to be meaningfull only though out this patchset. The old
contents of btrfs_work is different from btrfs_work_struct, I agree it's
right to have the name without _struct suffix. But then the change to
new worker structs would have to be done in one single patch, while
there are 10+ patches converting each worker type.

I suggest to add one more patch to the end that removes the _struct
suffix again, so the series does not have to be redone.

david

Yes, the "_struct" suffix is mostly used to distinguishfrom the original
btrfs_workers, and also try to use the kernel workqueue naming, which has
the "_struct" suffix.
And itis true that the long struct name makes some original codes ugly.

I'll add a new patchafter all these patches to remove the long suffix.

Thanks
Qu

Qu Wenruo
Development Dept.I
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
No. 6 Wenzhu Road, Nanjing, 210012, China
TEL: +86+25-86630566-8526
COINS: 7998-8526
FAX: +86+25-83317685
MAIL: quwen...@cn.fujitsu.com