On Feb 13, 2014, at 11:02 AM, Austin S Hemmelgarn <ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While this is what the UEFI spec says is supposed to be the fallback,
> many systems don't actually look there unless the media is removable.
> All of my UEFI systems instead look for Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi as
> the fallback (Cause most x86 system designers don't care at all about
> standards compliance as long as it will run windows).

True, and they should be filed as bugs with the manufacturer, citing the UEFI
spec as being violated. There's not much else to do in such cases, while
considering they have a different fallback location:
Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi.

Nevertheless, so long as NVRAM is behaving and isn't pilfered for other
purposes, then you can specify a fallback entry there.

Chris Murphy--