On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:20:08PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> On 03/19/2014 11:45 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >My server died last night during a btrfs send/receive to a btrfs radi5
> >array
> >
> >Here are the logs. Is this anything known or with a possible workaround?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Marc
> >
> >btrfs-rmw-2: page allocation failure: order:1, mode:0x8020
>
> This is an order 1 atomic allocation from the mvs driver, we really
> should not be depending on that to get IO done.  A quick search and it
> looks like we're allocating MVS_SLOT_BUF_SZ (8192) bytes.
>
> You could try bumping the lowmem reserves.

Thanks for the info.

So for now, I have
CONFIG_X86_RESERVE_LOW=64

This is the option we're talking about, right?

Should I double it?

For now, I have the copy running again, and it's been going for 8 hours
without failure on the old kernel but of course that doesn't mean my 2TB
copy will complete without hitting the bug again.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/