On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 06:00:50PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Well I'm sorta dense, so I only find a complete dmesg useful because
> with storage problems it seems much is due to some other problem
> happening earlier.

   Life would be so much easier if filesystems didn't store any
persistent state... :)

   The number of people who don't quite get that that's the function
and natural behaviour of a filesystem is... surprising.

   As in, "Your filesystem got corruption as a result of a bug in some
earlier version. Upgrading to the new version isn't magically going to
make that corruption go away". (Not saying that's what's happened
here, but it's common, and commonly misunderstood).

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
  --- The makers of Steinway pianos would like me to tell you that ---
                          this is a Bechstein.