Austin S Hemmelgarn <ahferro...@gmail.com> writes:

> Another thing that isn't listed there, that I would personally love to
> see is support for secure file deletion.

As discussed in the followups, it is difficult to do a really secure
deletion and a security-conscious person would opt to use encryption
instead. Ability to encrypt subvolumes or files would probably serve
those needs sufficiently, though it sounds like it could easily be a
longer task than 4 months.