Hi Jim,

> To any core btrfs devs who are listening and care - the unreliability of
> btrfs send/receive is IMO the single biggest roadblock to adoption of btrfs
> as a serious next-gen FS.

For you it are send/receive deficiencies, however there are many other
feature/enhancement requests having top priority for other users.

Fact is, just crying for improvements won't make things better - if
you want a feature/enhancement done, you have several options:
- Implement/fix it yourself
- Go to your distribution provider with whom you have a support
contract and make him implement what you would like to see
- Sponsor somebody yourself to get it sone.

> with (very) occasional filesystem corruption... IF I can rely on replication
> to keep my data safe on another box.  Without the replication, there's just
> no reasonable case to be made to replace ZFS.

... and now the usual ZFS comparison to make devs jealous ;)

Best regards, Clemens