This weekend I finally had time to try btrfs send again on the newly
created fs. Now I am running into another problem:

btrfs send returns: ERROR: send ioctl failed with -12: Cannot allocate
memory

In dmesg I see only the following output:

parent transid verify failed on 21325004800 wanted 2620 found 8325