On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
> Does fi usage deal with raid5 yet?

Now that you mention it, I think it doesn't. But if it did, it would
show this problem better than df I think.

> But, somewhere along the line he got 6 GiB of raid1 metadata.  Either he
> added/rewrote a *BUNCH* of files after adding at least one device before
> the conversion that he didn't tell us about, or the conversion screwed
> up, because that's a lot of raid1 metadata coming out of nowhere!

Yeah it's a little confusing, that's why I asked about the kernel version.

> But I'm *strongly* suspecting a pre-full-raid56-support kernel, because
> btrfs-progs is certainly reasonably new (v4.1.1, as of yesterday 4.1.2 is
> the newest as I mention above), but the fi df doesn't report global
> reserve.  The only way I know of that it wouldn't report that with a new
> userspace is if the kernelspace is too old.

Yes and that also puts it in the realm of kernels that weren't
releasing/deallocating empty chunks; although I don't know if that's a
factor, if dconvert forcibly deals with this..

> Finally, that's btrfs-progs 4.1.1, the one that's blacklisted due to a
> buggy mkfs.btrfs.  If he created the filesystem with that mkfs.btrfs...
> maybe that explains the funky results, as well.

Good catch. That really ought to be filed as a bug with that distro to
flat out remove 4.1.1 from the repos.

--
Chris Murphy